Friday, February 24, 2012

Snow last night

It's been a pretty snowless year so far.

The Lakes and woods just to the west of where we live are quite lovely.  I haven't spent a lot of time exploring there, but this morning they called to me.
Silver Mine Lake morning mist and rain
After the snow that fell overnight the State park is little populated and a peaceful place to go for a walk.  The fog and mist all help to dampen the sound of what little automobile traffic there is here.  Dripping, melting and running water are the soundtrack, that and the crunch of my boots in the snow.

Silver Mine Lake, snow last night, thick rain today
 I am reminded that I don't have to go far, anywhere at all really, to find beauty and peace and the affirmation of my reasons for gratitude and contentment with my place in life.  Sometimes it's hard to see from the positive side.  Is the lake half frozen or half thawed?  Why want one or the other?  Why not just except that it is both, and neither.

No comments:

Post a Comment