Monday, June 4, 2012

A twisting circular path

I woke with a feeling of purpose.
Some how during my night of rest a part of me was thinking, pondering, planing.
On the motorcycle and off  I went, with a path in mind, but not sure about how the going would be, if it would be, but allowing it to unfold in front of me.

On this part of the path I learned that when the goal is not for my benefit, it is more likely to benefit others.  Seems simple enough, right?

I learned that most of us know just what are own biggest challenges are and we have ways of managing them, but we don't always choose to use those means.  That choice can only come from within.
I learned that the phrase "an inch is as good as a mile" can be used to decrease the distance between us, or to ignore the fact of that distance, especially in this modern time when we have such extreme means of communication and transportation, and thus we can find the community that we seek in with people we may never actually stand in front of because they are so many miles away, and with those down the road with whom we don't seem to be able to find the time to share a meal with, for our busy schedules.

"into every life a little rain must fall"  was once said, and I have found that "on every motorcycle ride, a little rain usually falls" is accurate.  Planning for it, embracing it, and sometimes stopping and watching it rather than trying to push on can make the difference between a great time and an epic misery.

Returning to home after a ride is a wonderful moment.  I'd fully intended not to leave home all day but instead made a big circle just so I could come back and really appreciate the place, and people (and dog) I'd left earlier.  The big circle trip allowed me to extend and strengthen the circle of that is my community.

Traveling with, Living with, "AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE."  Thanks for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment