Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Barrel Oops!

Barrel Hoop MicroFarm
In the last post I was mistaken about Wendell Berry's book "Bringing it to the Table".  It only has 3 sections not 4.  By the way, I did finish it and as is the case with everything I have read of his so far, I was very glad to have read it.
potato patch
The other correction took place out in the real world.  After reading in "Carrots Love Tomatoes" By L. Riotte, that squash can be inhibiting to the growth of potatoes, I moved the squash out of the potato patch.  They looked so good and so far along that I am a little bit worried for their survival from the transplant.  This morning as I looked down upon them in their new homes some were standing up and looking just fine.  Hopefully, they all will adjust.  Hopefully, the forecast of thunderstorms for today will not produce hail that will smash all the young plants.
I am now going to crack open Sir Albert Howard's "the Soil and Health".  This book, and the other have been praised by Wendell Berry, who I think of as one of the most articulate and wise voices alive with regards to agriculture and the much needed place of agrarian values in our society today.
Lucy & Desi arrive!
We are a mini-step closer to being a micro-farm as of yesterday when Liz brought home "Lucy & Desi". They are 2 (gold)fish that are now living in our micro pond/macro-aquarium.  It is, like all else here, a work very much in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment