Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Trek or War?

Trek or War?  A journey or a confrontation?  A Path or a fight?

I have just recently revisited that historical debate, Star Trek or Star Wars?  and found it interesting, and funny.  The amount of time devoted to the actual details of the debate on the internet is impressive, and also defining of the true GEEKS invovled.  Geeks is not a politically incorrect term.  Most real geeks are self proclaimed.

So, which is it for you?
     A utopian quest for enlightenment and peace spreading through out the galaxy

or
     A violent struggle between good and evil where a mystical "Force" has control over all.

Do you favor a story that:
     Gives greatest importance to the main few characters, almost all of whom are of the same race and species, and a few robots.

or
     Characters of all races, and species are involved in story lines and technology is not as important as the beings who use it.

I guess you can tell where my alliances lie.  It may be my age and the fact that I grew up sitting on my living room floor after school watching Kirk and Spock discover new life, explore strange...........
or it could be that I just find more in common with my own life.

You may have more mystical experience in your life and the idea that "the force" is controlling all, may be more comforting to you.  Maybe I am just a left over from the hippie era and want us to rise up to our challenges and overcome them thru logic and intelligence and altruistic endeavor.

So, how do you deal with your challenges each day?  Do you rely on a higher power to get you thru, or do you use those gifts that are unique to you as an individual, a human being?  I would guess we each do a little of both. But it is kind of interesting to think about, I think.

As I try to make my reasonable Path thru my life, I try and use those qualities that I was born with and that seem unique to humans, to help me discern which way to go and how to go about it.  In every step of the journey I also try to remember that all of my being, and all that surrounds me seems a gift and much greater than me.  Their are mystical events taking place constantly.  This thought leaves me with an abundance of gratitude for being able to experience this life, this journey, this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment